Together with the AORN, Mosby’s Nursing Skills is helping nurses meet the ever-advancing standards of care. Our Perioperative Nursing Skills are based on the latest evidence, offering expert content for the many roles a perioperative nurse must assume before, during, and after surgery.
Each new skill has been authored by practicing CNOR-certified nurses and includes multi-media components to create an engaging, blended learning experience. Covering key competencies in pre-, intra-, and postoperative patient care, each skill includes:
- Quick Sheet - short (1-2 page) skill summary
- Check List - for competency check-offs
- Supply List - List of supplies needed to perform the skill or procedure
- Test - interactive online test offering immediate feedback and reporting
- Demonstration - video or animation of the skill or procedure
- Illustration - images and graphics to further explain the skill
- Extended Text - in-depth description of the skill including rationales and important considerations
Mosby’s Perioperative Nursing Skills Collection is an online resource that has the only set of perioperative-specific nursing skills developed in cooperation with AORN.
Standardize the way perioperative skills are taught, learned, and administered so your nurses can perform skills with expertise, competence, and confidence to promote safe, quality patient care and ensure optimal patient outcomes.