Mosby’s Skills Perform skills and procedures with confidence.Watch the Video
Authoring Process for Mosby’s Evidence-Based Skills
Mosby’s Skills are authored and updated by experienced nurses and respiratory care professionals well versed in evidence-based practice and currently practicing in the clinical area.
- Critical Care, General, Pediatric, and Emergency Nursing skills were adapted from highly respected textbooks written by leaders in their fields. Nursing experts reviewed and updated all skills during the adaptation process.
- Skills from other collections, Maternal-Newborn, Mental Health, Neonatal Intensive Care, Oncology, and Perioperative Nursing Skills were written and peer reviewed by nurse experts using current evidence and clinical practice guidelines.
- Respiratory Care Skills, written by and for respiratory care professionals follow the same rigorous editorial process as nursing skills.
- Authors and reviewers have practiced for a minimum of 5 years in their specialty, have advanced degrees and are members of their professional association. They follow stringent guidelines for selecting only the best, most respected references for authoring and reviewing content.
- Clinical experts from each specialty continually review and revise Skills and updated Skills are published monthly.
Professional associations that have contributed to the development or review of content in Mosby's Skills include the following:
- AACN (American Association of Critical-Care Nurses) partnered to develop Mosby’s critical care skills.
- AWHONN (Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses) partnered in the development of Mosby’s maternal-newborn skills.
- A.S.P.E.N. (American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition) reviewed and updated Mosby’s nutrition skills.